Offering campground reviews and advice for Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Halloween Camping

ohiovalleycampers
Site Owner

There are many campgrounds hosting their annual Halloween Campouts in October. We camped at Little Farm on the River for theirs this past weekend. They have a haunted house which I did not go thru ($5 I think). They also have children's activities on Saturday, which they overcharge for. Not many campers decorated their sites, but that could have been caused by the bad weather.They also charged more for their campsites during these weekends AND you are not allowed to use your Good Sam discount. There is no reason for them to charge more for a site, you do not get anything special during this weekend.

I am looking forward to camping at Winton Woods for their Halloween Weekend soon. They also charge a little more for Halloween weekends, however they provide FREE large pumpkins, hayrides, puppet shows and much more. Campers go all out decorating their sites.

--

October 6, 2011 at 8:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KimInge

I'm realizing now that I should've booked camping for Halloween a long time ago! What would be great is a calendar/list of dates that reminds you to book for certain holidays! Like just after this Halloween...probably go ahead and book for the next one! When to book for the summer if you want to go to the beach, etc... Also, especially for Halloween, a list of campgrounds that are doing trick or treating/decorating/having activities on which dates would be awesome! :)

July 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.