|Forum Home > General Discussion > 2010 Top 14 so far...|
My favorite places that we've went so far.
14. Snowden Lake (OH)-It's right on a small lake which is nice for fishing. However the sites were very lopsided and not level at all. We didn't see security ever. People were able to just wander in at any time of day.
13. Miami Whitewater (OH)-This is home to a very nice golf course and park. The campground is very small. It doesn't have any full hook up sites.
11. Spring Mill State Park (IN)-The people that run this park are extremely helpful and polite. The sites however are very hilly. The park offers many things and activities.
10. Winton Woods (OH)- This campground is home to a very nice park and golf course. The campground is located on a small lake. It has a fishing pier in the campground. You can also launch small boats there. Security is a concern. The Rangers are around the park and will drive thru, however no one mans the gate for emergency vehicles. The playground is more of a loitering ground. It doesn't have any conventional playground equipment. The sites are close, but not too close. They do offer cabin rentals and full hook up sites. The newer sites (full hookup) up front are the best ones.
9. Caesar's Creek (OH)-This a very large large campground and very well kept.
8. Paint Creek State Park (OH)-The campstore here is tremendous. It offers great ice cream. The sites are shaded and open. The playground(s) are nice. The best feature I saw was the miniature golf course.
7. Little Farm on the River (IN)-This place is a large campground with a fun family atmosphere. There is a pool, game room and golf cart rental. It does get very dusty and the sites are long but narrow. This can cause you to be right on top of your neighbor.
6. Versailles State Park (IN)-The park is large and clean. They have a lake for fishing and a large community pool. The only issue with this park is it holds water. Many of the Large puddles were home to 100's of tadpoles.
5. Hocking Hills (OH)- The campground is huge with shade. It's very clean and well groomed. They have a pool and a small lake for fishing. The park is known for its caves and hikes.
4. Brown County, (IN)- This park is great for camping. They have a large campground with 2 large loops. You can get spots with all shade or spots with no shade. The nature is center is really cool. They have some great trails. The campstore has everything you need.
3. Big Bone Lick State Park (KY)- This park is located on the Daniel Boone National trail. The nature is center is good, but the museum and history trail are awesome. The park has live buffalo on it's main trail. There is miniature golf and a pool. The campground is small, but extremely clean with great landscaping.
2. Brookville Mounds (IN)- The campground is located in Brookville Reservoir. It is a large campground, however it doesn't have many full hook up sites. That being said the sites are mostly flat with large grassy areas for children to play in. There isn't a lot of sites with shade. It is a great place to camp and go boating. The campground has it's own boat ramp. The beach is a short drive, but wear water shoes, because the rocks can be rough. The campstore holds many actitivities during the weekend. There is also an older campground area that offers more shade, but the sites are smaller.
1. Taylorsville Lake State Park (KY)-This park is located about 30 miles Southeast of Louisville. The campground is very small, but very clean. There is a lot of well kept landscaping. There is a lake for boating and fishing. The marina has a ton of cool things for purchase or rent. Most of the sites have large areas for kids to play. The sites also have shade too if you need to get out of the sun. Deer are everywhere so be careful driving at night. The park has very private primitive sites. There is a Horseman's loop. They offer horseback riding also. The group camp is a very large area. There isn't much of a campstore. The closest thing is about a 10 minutes drive to the marina or gas station. Other than that, I didn't find anything negative about this campground. The pads are level and large gravel pads.
List your favorites that you've been to recently...
2010 Rockwood Roo 21SS